Wednesday, December 16, 2020

 Played with the Faria over/under pass today.  The kimura can definitely be avoided on the over arm.

It is important to move away from the passing side to prevent the shrimp - Faria emphasizes this point in his video.  It definitely needs to be a more natural entry.

I worry a little about the harpoon sweep (which is what I would use), but I think walking back to centerline helps nullify that sweep.

Must protect my arms better.  It is a real problem when CJ gets high side control.  Without underhooks I am in trouble earlier than someone with better shoulder mobility.

Love the tip CJ gave me today about using your opponent's bottom uppa to inch your rib cage up their chest - they actually help you move.

CJ was not at all threatened by my shin ride from side control - he is controlling my foot and if I commit to attacking the far side arm he will sweep me - which is exactly what he did.


No comments:

Post a Comment