Wednesday, December 16, 2020

      Trained with CJ, the Aussie wrecking ball last week.  We both felt like we were being too patient - too nice - when we rolled lately (not just with each other).  Oftentimes I'll wait to see what my opponent is going to do so that I can counter-punch.  We made a rule that we would remind each other to get moving after 3 seconds.  This was super valuable - not only from a defensive standpoint, but even when attacking.  I'm not talking spazzy moving with no plan, but switching attacks, direction or other changes to keep your opponent off balance.

     CJ tapped me twice with a foot extension when I had his back.  Ankles were not crossed, but he was able to trap my foot (the heel I believe) in the crook of his waist and then apply pressure with his own lower leg.  Two thoughts here - don't get sloppy with my feet and end up in that position in the first place.  That may mean being more active with my feet from back mount.  The second is what to do when they do get trapped.  Is there a re-positioning of hips that can relieve pressure?  Extend the leg?  I'll find out today when we hit the mats again.  I rekindled my bjjfanatics account and want to go back and watch Bernardo Faria's over/under passing game again so that I can begin to work it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment